These are their houses
So last week (It was last week, but now it's the week before last) was the first week that I was to be left home alone with 4 children and still recovering from a c-section (I can't pick up or chase my children, which is vital when you own my energetic [euphamism] little spencer!) Needless to say, I was a little nervous! So thinking on it... all of the children are at home, so I decided to play it safer and just keep the little darlings home. To save me from chaos and insanity I went and got everything I could find! Bubbles, Sidewalk chalk, Shaving cream (notice how these are all out door activities!) And a few other things to keep them thoroughly occupied! Having been given wisdom from many sources, to prepare myself for yet another addition I have been told not to hold my expectations too high. So I set my standard at -as long as everyone everyone survives and I don't have to leave the house with 4 children- then the day is sucessfull! Never mind about the house or all the pants that I'm not near fitting into, thus it's pajamas all day, and who cares what I look like! Macaroni and cheese tastes just the same whether I have my hair done or not! So the first day, I did...... NOTHING! I watched my children play, I had a very good friend from out of town over for a visit, and I held my baby in spite of my house in shambles about me. By the end of the day I thought "That was a great day!" and right then I remembered feeling a while back that it had been so long since I had felt or said that I had really had a good day. I took note of this and thought it would probably be healthy to have a good day really soon! But months later and ironically enough my great day came, when it was likely to be one of the more hecktic ones! The rest of the week followed suit. I rested and spent time with my children and didn't let myself become troubled, as I usually am, over the house that I couldn't clean and the places I couldn't go and and the things I couldn't do, but instead was very blessed to just enjoy this time and get to watch my beautiful children as they played. I don't know, but maybe an eye opener as to not being careful and troubled about many things. Although, I do reeaaallly hate my house a mess! But I just had to write about the anomaly of my Great week! And even more notable is that we didn't even go anywhere, or travel some fun, big expensive place! I love having my children home! Just us together makes me so grateful! Here are some pictures of our fun this week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment