Sunday, August 16, 2009

She Gave Them Some Broth With Out Any Bread, She Whipped Them All Soundly And Sent Them To Bed! And Then C.P.S. Came and Took Her Children Away!!!

Sooooo! Where to begin? How about at the beginning?
This last week made up for all (if any) of the lack of "incidents" we've had in at least a year!!!! It was way more soap opera than I ever wanted to have in my life! I will spare you the more gruesome stories, and just settle on one of the 5, yes 5 major catastrophes of this week!!! It has been so crazy! We got to go to Idaho and visit with some family and headed home on Wednesday the 5th. Whenever I visit Idaho or Utah, I am always begrudgingly dragging myself home from the beautiful, cool evenings. The sweet fresh air, and soft green grass, with lovely wheat fields and farms..... need I go on? Yes, well, I left feeling the same way I always do when I leave, but we got home later that night safe and sound. The next morning, IT WAS A MIRACLE!!! I couldn't believe that in the desert in August, the weather was just as beautiful that day as it was in Idaho! I smiled! It was just for me! And I was so happy and I opened all the windows and the doors so that the beautiful day could come inside, and stay awhile. Then I went back to routine. Feeding the children breakfast. Bonnie loves to feed herself oatmeal (she is thoroughly adorable!!) but in the process..... yes as an 18 month old would have it, she usually is wearing just as much oatmeal as she ate! So she was done and I wiped her off and set the little darling down to go upstairs and play with her lovely brother and sisters (the play room is upstairs). Meanwhile I cleaned her oatmeal seat and arranged with a friend to go to the park on this oh so loverly day, looked through a few things with my calling, and then decided that it had been long enough and went to go check on my perfect children who were playing so well upstairs. When I went up, all of them were a room, minus Bonnie. Where is Bonnie? I inquired of the little dears and my oldest claimed that she had never gone up there. Nonsense! Where is she?
She never came up here.
Preposterous! Of course she came up here! I started looking around. No, not in that room, nope, not that one, or that one, or that one! Well... it was her nap time. Maybe she fell asleep somewhere. Checking closets...... no........ Bathrooms??? NO!! Ok. Downstairs then! NO! GARAGE??????? NO! OH NO! Oh No! She must have run out the front door (which I thought was closed when I set her down from her highchair). I RUN outside expecting to run through the whole neighborhood! (Oh bring back my Bonnie to me :) When I get out there, there's the cop car! Oh Great! Good that I know they have her and I know she's safe, very bad that I am in trouble! Oh just great! There is a lot more to this story with the cops questioning/ lecturing me for an hour! And it was a hellish 5/6 days with the cops literally on my case, and C.P.S. (Child Protection Service) at my door not really knowing what was going to happen! They now have all the names, birth dates and residence of allll of my children and my husband and me!!!! That does NOT make me happy in the LEAST!!!!! My husband (over reacting) was worried about the possibility that he would lose his job! Just one more false move and would they take my children away?!?!!? I was afraid to even parent! Checking myself with every move! I was afraid to go out of town and leave them with a babysitter for fear that I would come back to NO CHILDREN!
ABSURD!!!! I don't even spank my children!!!! I have never lost a one of them in the almost 9 years that I have had them! Not even at the store!!! It really made me want to move to a remote place that is population 6 and if my kid wandered out the front door, then so be it, and have fun!!!!!!
Yes. Just one of the equally catastrophic stories of my week! Thank goodness it's over...

I hope!!! I will try and post pictures in a few.


5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Holy cow!! You poor thing! I saw all the commotion and wondered...I'm glad everyone is safe and sound. Oh what a world we live in that we have to take such lengths on an innocent wanderer. Better luck this week!

Kathy said...

I am so sorry! You should have called and I could of casually walked around the block and praised your mothering skills. I would have said things like, "She could teach you a thing or two about parenting." or "Do I need to call Obama?" (I'm not sure if you would really want a beer at the white house with the cop later though) Anyway, that is horrible!

brandi said...

Wow...every parents nightmare. I am glad that everyone is okay. We can't wait to see you guys.

Camille said...

I still think that is so hilarous!! Sorry, but so funny!!

Melanie S. said...

HAHA! I'm so glad I was there to witness how calmly you handled that, or I wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me!